vrijdag 14 mei 2010

14/05/2010: Working on the intro

Okay, last saturday I got a lot of feedback on my project. In fact, it was so much feedback that it will have impact on my timing...

Anyway, I will continue to work at the current pace since some minor health issues are coming up... Those health issues are eye-related: spending so much time on a PC/laptop screen puts some strain on the eyes! I got myself some eye drops and they seem to work :)

So what did I didgeridoo those last couple of days? Well, I drew 4 backgrounds for the intro scene of the game. Since, the intro consists of 8 shots, 4 extra backgrounds have to still to be drawn... I will do that tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. As such, next week will be spent entirely on the intro animation and working on the feedback of last week.

Of all stuff I have already done up until now, drawing backgrounds is one of my favorite activities :) The main tool used for this is of course Adobe Photoshop. To draw repetitive trees a tree brush pack was used; the other trees have been drawn by hand. The top 3 Photoshop tools that I used are: (1) gradient fill tool, (2) layer effects like emboss and (3) filters like sponge, rough pastels and smudge stick. To draw the shadows a multiply layer was created, with an opacity of 30% on which I painted with a black brush. Luckily, I have a Wacom tablet ... that makes drawing fun!

Intro - Shot 1
Intro - Shot 2
Intro - Shot 3 (panning shot: camera will follow the car)
 Intro - Shot 4




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Volgers