vrijdag 25 juni 2010

26/06/2010: Today is the Day

Okay ... today is the day. I will have to present my game this afternoon ... a game on which I spent a lot of time (approx. 1000 hours, which is equivalent to 125 working days).

Currently, my DVD writer is doing overtime to burn all those discs (it is 1h45 in the morning). It was a lot of work to create the DVD menu and add subtitles, DVD extra's, ... but the result is really nice. I am happy with the outcome of this week:
  1. Refined the DVD cover: the DVD cover has been finalized and printed in a copy shop. The prints are okay, but there are some inconsistencies in the prints. That's a pity...
  2. Created a DVD label: bought some 'Micro Application' DVD labels (250! Why do they sell so much labels?). The 'Micro Application' brand is quite good since they give really decent software to print out the labels. Too bad that our HP printer does not print that well...
  3. Debugging and extra's for the game: the boss is quite heavy to beat right now :) Also, a game over and a congratulations screen have been added. I did also spent some time on starting a new game after having played a game (= the reset functionality was quite buggy) and added some 'you have been hit' animations.
  4. Rendered and gathered all necessary content: I had to play the level two times (since the boss was able to beat me the first time) to record all necessary video for the DVD. To record the video Fraps was used (really nice application but the size of the captured files is huge!). To process all that data I had to use Adobe Premiere. That's a cool application but there are so many buttons it feels like being in a plane cockpit.
  5. Created a DVD menu: this took me quite some time, but the software 'Sony DVD Architect' helped a lot. The DVD is fullly loaded with all work that has been done the last couple of months and there are even some extra's on it :) There are even subtitles in Dutch :)
Tomorrow I will post a new blog entry, hopefully as a 'Creator of animation productions'! Today or Sunday, there will be one big post on this blog with all 'final' content ...

1 opmerking:

Volgers